Sunday, September 25, 2011

Christmas 2010


We decided to tell our families that we’re having a baby on Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with my family, and Christmas Day with Scott’s. We framed this ultra sound pic….


And wrapped it for our parents to open.

When my mom opened it she didn't act shocked like I expected. She thought I had framed one of Jessie's ultra sound pics since she just had Kylie. She said “thanks” and I looked at her a little confused. It took about 30 seconds and she realized it. She stood up and kept saying “Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh” and she started crying. The rest of my family in the room couldn't figure out what she had just opened. My mom came and gave me a hug and then told them I was pregnant.

It was so fun telling Scott's family too. The whole family was there Christmas morning and Scott asked his parents if they would open our gift first. Once they opened it everybody was so happy. I got hugs from all around, and it was so cute hearing the adults explain to their kids that “Jen has a baby in her belly”. Tim and Jeanne said they were surprised, and didn’t see it coming.

I felt so blessed to be bringing this baby into both of our families. I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment