Monday, August 29, 2011

Copenhagen, Denmark 2010

Our next stop was Copenhagen, Denmark. I love how colorful the buildings were.

I was so sad to hear that the Little Mermaid statue was on tour in Japan, but there was plenty of other things there that brought my spirits up!




The first thing we did was see the changing of the guards at the Palace. The Amalienborg palace has been the residence of the Danish Royal family since 1749.




Next we squeezed in some time to sample a little hot dog. We told them to make it how the locals ate it…I’m now hooked on fried onions and pickles on my hot dogs.


We got to go inside the main cathedral...

We tried doing a bunch of jumping shots but I think Scott and Erin when the prize for best picture in this category…



We walked up hundreds of stairs in enclosed spaces to get to the top of the dome…

the view was worth it!




We toured the beautiful Rosenborg castle where the crown jewels and crowns are on display.




This was our shortest day on the cruise so the only place we missed was Tivoli Gardens. I guess we’ll just have to go back now so I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment