Monday, October 8, 2012

September 2012

We got our family pictures done! Here are some of my favorites....














So I have a lot of favorites...sue me :)

I love being a stay at home mom! Porter is so fun, and watching him grow up is such a joy. Holley started a play group last year for the younger kids, who aren't in school yet, so I decided to carry it on for this year. Porter has so much fun at the park and playing with friends. I'm trying to teach him that not everybody likes to get hugged. He gets so excited to see other kids that he runs up to them and hugs them. He also likes to show his affection by sitting on their laps...regardless of their age. This kid is a ham. He's starting to climb up and go down the slide, and play on the jungle gym. It's way different from last year when he was content being pushed in the swing the whole time.

We also started to attend story time at the library. The first time we went I was shocked to see him sit on the carpet the whole time and listen to the stories! He also enjoyed the music and noise makers!







September 13th was our 4th wedding anniversary!


 We agreed on no gifts this year, but my darling husband had me wake up to a wrapped present. He got me a beautiful Ruby necklace (Porter's birth stone), so of course the second he left for work, I had to create a gift for him. I ended up creating a year of dates!  Each envelope has the month written on it and inside is a note for Scotty and a prepaid activity for us to do. September's date was an Angel game, next month I put in movie tickets, and the rest are all surprises for Scott to open at the beginning of each month. 



That night Scott and I went to a nice dinner at "Table for Two" and the following weekend we went away to Vegas. 


Our original plan was to go to San Diego, but Scott ended up having a work appointment near state line, so we figured we would jump on the opportunity for free gas and spend the night in Sin City. 



This was the first time I have ever left Porter over night. I surprised myself by doing quite well. I talked about him A LOT, but there was never a time I felt I needed to rush home to be with him. Maybe, because it was literally only for 24 hours? Jessie watched Porter and she said he did well on Friday...but Saturday not so much. He cried, and kept saying "Ma Ma" all day. I appreciate my great sister for not telling me about that until our trip was over :)

I had fun spending time with my hubby, and reflecting on the past 4 years. I wouldn't change them for the world.


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE all the favorite photos, priceless.
    It's so fun to hear about all the new things Porter is able to do now. I feel like I'm missing out on so much though.:(
    Wow, four years already. It seems like just yesterday when you two were married. I'm so glad you took the plunge and went for the over nighter. Couples need that once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla! It was nice to have that alone time with Scott, and it seriously did fly by. I remember planning the wedding like it was yesterday, but it also feels like I've been married to him forever. Weird how that works huh?
    Can't wait to see you and your family soon!

    ReplyDelete