Tuesday, January 7, 2014

July 2013./ ...

Baby Max is here!!!!

Maxwell Gregory Williamson

was born on July 9, 2013 at 1:26am

weighing 8lbs 11ounces and 22 inches long.

He is such a blessing, and we love him to pieces.

 My doctor wanted to induce me on July 8, so she told me to call in at 6am to see if they could admit me. They didn't have a room for me, so I ended up having to call every couple hours, until they finally had me come in at 3:30pm. Once we got there I didn't start pitocin until 7pm. Labor started, and I felt contractions, but they weren't too painful. The doctor checked me and said that the baby's head had moved to the side, and that he was no longer in labor position. I tried a few exercises for the next 30 minutes to try and get him to move back down. When she came to check me again he had moved the complete opposite direction, and he was completely breach!
The doctor kept calling him a little stinker.

My only option was to have a C-Section.
I felt a lot of emotion after hearing this news. 
The first was guilt...
Maybe Max wasn't ready to be born, and I tried forcing him by being induced.
Next, was relief...
I would for sure have him that night.
I was excited...
I would be holding my sweet baby in just a couple hours!
Lastly, I was scared...
I had never been through a major surgery before and this was intimidating.

Seeing how hot Scott was in scrubs made it a little easier.

I had no time to process these emotions, because before I knew it, they were wheeling me into the operating room. Scott wasn't allowed in while they prepped for surgery. There were 6 people doing all these different things to me. I was shaking and emotional, so my amazing doctor came up to me, grabbed my hands, and talked to me, telling me that everything was fine. Geez, I'm such a baby. 

Soon after I was feeling numb, and I was having trouble breathing. Apparently this is normal, and as soon as Scott was able to sit next to me, I started to calm down.

Next, the white sheet went up. It took about 5 minutes for them to actually get the baby out. The doctor said that every time they tried grabbing him, he kicked and tried to move away from them.
Stubborn little guy!

These are some pics that the doctor took...

Once they cleaned him and made sure everything was ok, they handed him to Scott.
Scott brought him over to my face so I could kiss him and snuggle him. I instantly loved him to pieces and got to share a few sweet moments with him before they made Scott take him to the nursery, so I could recover.

My mom was so sweet, and waited the entire time they had me in the recovery room.

Once I was in the recovery room, Scott brought Max to me and I got to hold him for the first time.

This is what I wrote in my journal about it...
" I was crying and telling him how much I love him. I was so happy to have him in my arms and to be kissing his face. He is such a huge blessing to our family, and I feel so lucky to be his mom."

Some of the people that came to see Max in the hospital were...

Grandma Judy and Grandpa Greg

Grandma Jeanne and Grandpa Tim

 Jessie, Kylie, and Aubrey

Erin and Romney


Brent and Andrea's family

Kevin and Holley's family

Dave and Donna Culbertson

and Justin

My favorite visitor was Porter. He ran in and came in my bed to cuddle me.
He was so sweet with his new brother.
He kept giving him kisses and he wanted to hold him a lot.

Max is perfect, and we love him so much!

This is his first car ride.

My boys are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment