Sunday, December 10, 2017

October 2017


October was all about celebration!

We started with a girls cruise to celebrate Autumn's 40th birthday. We had so much fun chatting, eating, and relaxing. Autumn's always up for adventure, such an amazing mom, and a true example to me.















No October is complete without our yearly visit to Live Oak pumpkin patch. I love this tradition just as much as the kids.




















Next celebration was Miss Kennedy's birthday. I can't believe my little princess is 2 already. It seriously flew by.
We went to the zoo with Holley, Zander, and Londyn on her birthday and she loved every minute of it.








When we got home she was excited to eat her "happy birthday cake" and open some presents.


She truly is such a joy in our family. She speaks incredibly well, and has no problem telling you what's on her mind. She wants to wear her "princess dress" every day of her life. She likes to boss her brothers around, put on make up, and play with baby dolls. 
Every time I finish doing her hair she says, "mom, I beautiful".
She loves anything with sugar in it, and will watch the movies Moana, Trolls, and Frozen all day if I let her.
Her favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear and she asks for it daily.
She'll color for an hour at a time, and it doesn't always stay on her paper...but she's pretty good about cleaning it off the walls and the floor.
Her favorite food is chicken nuggets, yogurt, and apple sauce. She's a daddy's girl and lights up when Scott walks in the room. She says prayers, talks about Grandpa and Jesus loving her, and makes everyones life a little sweeter.

We love our Denny girl so much and know that she's going to accomplish great things.






Right after Kennedy's birthday it was time for Jake and Liz's wedding. They had a sweet ceremony in our backyard, and it was perfect. We're so happy to welcome Liz in our family, and I loved seeing how happy my brother is.
 


Porter highlights for the month...

This kid has such a sensitive spirit. We were reading scriptures one night and we were at the part where Christ was crucified. As I tucked Porter in shortly after, I could tell that he was pondering what we read. He asked me if people were mean to Jesus, and I explained that before he was crucified people mocked him, spit on him, and even put a crown of thorns on his head. After hearing this Porter quickly ducked his head into the covers. I asked him if he was ok, and he started crying. I gave him a hug and explained that Jesus went through all of that because He loves us so much! He would do it all again since it means that we get to live with Him again. After hearing that Jesus isn't hurting anymore and that He's happy because He gets to help us, Porter felt a bit better. I went to bed with an enormous amount of love for this kid. I love that he knows our Savior and and loves Him. I'm a proud mom.


Also... his school pics came in! Can he get any more handsome?!


Max had his Halloween parade in preschool. He was so animated during the monster dance and poems. He's so fun to watch!

Another thing I have to mention, was that he went to a birthday party and when I went to pick him up the mom said they were about to eat and Max yelled out, "Stop! We haven't said the prayer yet!" She said it was so sweet, so she told him he could say the blessings on the food. He looked at her and said, "I'm not going to say it, but someone needs to". This kid is too much!




It finally came time for Halloween night. The kids lasted for a few houses to trick or treat, but they really enjoy passing the candy out more than anything. I can't handle how cute they are.







No comments:

Post a Comment